The Biopanda Cardiac Troponin I Rapid Test is a lateral flow chromatographic immunoassay for the qualitative detection of Cardiac Troponin I (cTnI) in whole blood, serum, and plasma samples. This test is a tool to assist in the diagnosis of myocardial infarction.
- Whole blood, serum or plasma may be used for testing
- Results available in only 10 minutes
- Easy to use
- Qualitative results can be read visually
- No need for an analyser
- Cost effective method for identifying myocardial ischemia, myocardial infarction, and ACS
- Ensure specimen and test kits are brought to room temperature before testing. Ensure the blood specimen is mixed well.
- Open the foil wrapped pouch and remove the cassette, placing it on a flat, clean surface. Use the test as soon as possible or within one hour of opening.
- For Serum or Plasma specimens:
Hold the dropper vertically and transfer 2 drops of serum or plasma (approximately 50 μl) to the specimen area, then add 1 drop of buffer (approximately 40 μl), and start the timer.
- For Venipuncture Whole Blood specimens:
Hold the dropper vertically and transfer 3 drops of whole blood (approximately 75 μl) to the specimen area, then add 1 drop of buffer (approximately 40 μl), and start the timer.
- For Fingerstick Whole Blood specimens:
To use a capillary tube: Fill the capillary tube and transfer approximately 75 μl of fingerstick whole blood specimen to the specimen area of the test cassette, then add 1 drop of buffer (approximately 40 μl) and start the timer.
To use hanging drops: Allow 3 hanging drops of fingerstick whole blood specimen (approximately 75 μl) to fall into the specimen area of the test cassette, then add 1 drop of buffer (approximately 40 μl) and start the timer.
- Wait for the coloured line(s) to appear. Read results at 10 minutes. Do not interpret the result after 20 minutes.
- Relative sensitivity: 99.4%
- Relative specificity: 99.0%
- Accuracy: 99.1%
+2 - 30 °C