The Biopanda SAA Rapid Test is a lateral flow chromatographic immunoassay for the qualitative detection of human serum amyloid A (SAA) in whole blood, serum, and plasma samples. This test is a tool to assist in the diagnosis of inflammatory conditions. The cut-off value for this test is 10 μg/ml.
- Whole blood, serum, or plasma may be used for testing
- Results available in only 5 minutes
- Easy to use
- Results can be read visually
- No need for an analyser
- Cost effective method to assist in the diagnosis of inflammatory conditions
- Ensure specimen and test kits are brought to room temperature before testing.
- Open the foil wrapped pouch and remove the cassette, placing it on a flat, clean surface. Use the test as soon as possible or within one hour of opening.
- Hold the dropper vertically and transfer 3 drops of the diluted specimen (approx 120 μl) to the specimen well of the cassettes and start the timer.
- Wait for the coloured line(s) to appear. Read results at 5 minutes. Results read after 10 minutes are considered invalid.
The Biopanda SAA Rapid Test is a qualitative, solid phase, two-site sandwich immunoassay for the detection of serum amyloid A protein in whole blood, serum or plasma. The membrane is pre-coated with anti-SAA antibodies on the test line region of the cassette. During testing, SAA, if present in the whole blood, serum or plasma specimen reacts with the coloured particles coated with anti-SAA antibodies. The SAA-Conjugate complex migrates upward on the membrane chromatographically by capillary action to react with anti-SAA antibodies in the Test line region on the membrane and generates a coloured line. The presence of this coloured line in the test region indicates a positive result, while its absence indicates a negative result. To serve as a procedural control, a coloured line will always appear in the control line region indicating that proper volume of specimen has been added and membrane wicking has occurred.
- Relative sensitivity: 98.0%
- Relative specificity: 98.3%
- Accuracy: 98.2%
Store the kit between 2-30°C and ensure the kits are not frozen or stored in direct sunlight. The test is valid until the expiration date printed on the foil wrapping.