This Point-of-Care rapid test, is a rapid chromatographic immunoassay, for the qualitative detection of human H-FABP in whole blood (venipuncture or fingerstick blood), serum, or plasma samples. Results are available in 10 minutes, to assist health professionals in diagnosing Acute Myocardial Infarction (AMI).
H-FABP as a Cardiac Biomarker
- H-FABP is a sensitive and highly specific biomarker of myocardial ischemia and can be detected in the blood as early as thirty minutes from the onset of chest pain. H-FABP is 20 times more specific to cardiac muscle than myoglobin.
- It is found at 10-fold lower levels in skeletal muscle than heart muscle.
- H-FABP is recommended to be tested in conjunction with troponin to identify myocardial infarction and Acute Coronary Syndrome in patients presenting with chest pain.
- H-FABP measured with troponin shows increased sensitivity of 20.6% over troponin at 3-6 hours following chest pain onset.
- Whole blood, serum or plasma may be used for testing
- Results available in only 10 minutes
- Easy to use
- Results can be read visually
- No need for an analyser
- Cost effective method for identifying myocardial ischemia, myocardial infarction, and ACS
- Ensure specimen and test kits are brought to room temperature before testing. Ensure the blood specimen is mixed well.
- Open the foil wrapped pouch and remove the cassette, placing it on a flat, clean surface. Use the test as soon as possible or within one hour of opening.
- Transfer the required amount of specimen (whole blood, serum, plasma) and buffer to the sample well and start the timer.
- Read the results at 10 minutes once the coloured lines have appeared. Results read after 20 minutes are considered invalid.
- Relative sensitivity: 89.9%
- Relative specificity: 91.0%
- Accuracy: 90.7%
+2 - 30 °C