The Biopanda CRP Rapid Test is a lateral flow chromatographic immunoassay for the qualitative detection of human C-reactive protein (CRP) in whole blood, serum, and plasma samples. This test is a tool to assist in the diagnosis of inflammatory conditions. The cut-off value for this test is 10 mg/L.
- Whole blood, serum, or plasma may be used for testing
- Results available in only 5 minutes
- Easy to use
- Results can be read visually
- No need for an analyser
- Cost effective method to assist in the diagnosis of inflammatory conditions
- Ensure specimen and test kits are brought to room temperature before testing.
- Open the foil wrapped pouch and remove the cassette, placing it on a flat, clean surface. Use the test as soon as possible or within one hour of opening.
- Hold the dropper vertically and transfer 3 drops of the diluted specimen (approx 120 μl) to the specimen well of the cassettes and start the timer.
- Wait for the coloured line(s) to appear. Read results at 5 minutes. Results read after 10 minutes are considered invalid.
The Biopanda CRP Rapid Test is a qualitative, membrane based immunoassay for the detection of CRP in whole blood, serum or plasma. The membrane is pre-coated with specific capture antibodies in the test line regions of the test. During testing, the whole blood, serum or plasma specimen reacts with the particle coated with specific antibodies. The mixture migrates laterally along the membrane chromatographically by capillary action to react with specific capture reagents on the membrane and generate a coloured line. The presence of this coloured line in the specific test line region indicates a positive result, while its absence indicates a negative result. To serve as a procedural control, a coloured line will always appear in the control line region indicating that proper volume of specimen has been added and membrane wicking has occurred.
- Relative sensitivity: 96.7%
- Relative specificity: 98.5%
- Accuracy: 98.3%
Store the kit between 2-30°C and ensure the kits are not frozen or stored in direct sunlight. The test is valid until the expiration date printed on the foil wrapping.