The Biopanda HAV Rapid Test detects IgM antibodies to Hepatitis A virus (HAV) in human serum or plasma samples.
- Serum or plasma samples may be used for testing
- Results available in only 20 minutes
- Easy to use
- Results can be read visually
- No need for an analyser
- Cost effective method for assisting in the diagnosis of HAV infections
- Ensure specimen and test kits are brought to room temperature before testing.
- Add 50 μl of the specimen into a sample dilution bottle. Firmly screw the cap on and invert it gently several times to ensure sufficient mixing of reagents.
- Open the foil wrapped pouch and remove the cassette. Place the cassette on a flat, clean surface. Use test immediately after opening.
- Using a dropper provided transfer 1 drop to the sample port (S) marked on the cassette.
- Add 2 drops of buffer (approx. 80 μl) to the dilution well (B).
- Read results after 20 minutes when coloured lines have appeared in the test region.
- Results read after 30 minutes are considered invalid. Dispose of the cassette safely after testing.
The test is based on a proprietary technology that combines the principles of immuno-chromatography and fluid dynamics. The test has recombinant mouse anti-human IgM immobilized on the membrane within the test zone. During testing the serum or plasma added on the sample port (S) reacts with mouse anti-human IgM on the membrane first. The buffer runs laterally from the buffer well (B). HAV antigen present in the sample reacts to particles coated with mouse anti-HAV migrating through the test zone, the HAV antigens are captured by the HAV antibody in the first step. A positive result is indicated when the test zone forms a coloured line. No coloured line in the test zone indicates a negative result. To serve as a procedural control, a coloured line will always appear in the control line region indicating that proper volume of specimen has been added and membrane wicking has occurred.
- Relative sensitivity: 99.9%
- Relative specificity: 99.5%
- Accuracy: 99.6%
Store the kit between 2-30°C and ensure the kits are not frozen or stored in direct sunlight. The test is valid until the expiration date printed on the foil wrapping.