The Biopanda Giardia Lamblia Rapid test qualitatively detects for the presence of Giardia Lamblia antigen in human faeces. This test applies lateral flow immuno-chromatography and is for professional in vitro diagnostic use.
- Human faecal samples to be used for testing
- Results available in only 15 minutes
- Easy to use
- Results can be read visually
- No need for an analyser
- Cost effective method for assisting to diagnose helicobacter Giardiasis
- Bring the pouch containing test to room temperature before opening it. Remove the cassette from its foil wrapping and place on a flat, clean surface. Use immediately.
- Holding the sample collection device upright, carefully unscrew the tip of collection device.
- Squeeze 3 drops (approx. 120 μl) of the sample solution into the specimen well of the cassette, as in the illustration. Avoid air bubbles.
- Read the test results at 15 minutes. Results read after 20 minutes are considered invalid.
The Biopanda Giardia Lamblia Rapid Test is based on the use of a membrane technology with colloidal gold. A nitrocellulose membrane is sensitized with antibody directed against Giardia lamblia. The test’s specificity is ensured by an antibody specific to a Giardia lamblia antigen that is conjugated to the colloidal gold. This conjugate is dried on a membrane.
The faecal sample must be diluted into the extraction buffer that is supplied with the test. When extracted specimen comes into contact with the strip, the conjugate migrates with the sample by passive diffusion and the conjugate and sample material come into contact with the anti-Giardia antibody in the T line. If the sample contains the G. lamblia antigen, the conjugate-antigen complex will remain bound to the anti-Giardia reagent and a red line will develop. The specimen continues to migrate to encounter a second reagent that binds the migration control conjugate, thereby producing a red control line that confirms that the test is working properly. The result is visible within 15 minutes.
- Relative Sensitivity: 96.2%
- Relative Specificity: 97.8%
- Accuracy: 97.5%
Store the kit between 2-30°C and ensure the kits are not frozen or stored in direct sunlight. The test is valid until the expiration date printed on the foil wrapping.
Το καλάθι αγορών είναι άδειο!