The Biopanda Canine Leishmania Antibody Rapid Test qualitatively detects Canine Leishmania Antibodies (LSH Ab) from a dog's whole blood, serum or plasma sample.
- Results available in only 5 minutes
- Easy to use
- Results can be read visually
- No need for an analyser
- Cost effective method for assisting to diagnose Leishmaniasis infections
- Collect a dog’s fresh whole blood sample. If using serum or plasma, separate from blood as soon as possible to avoid haemolysis.
- Open the cassette from the foil pouch and position it on a flat, clean surface.
- Holding the pipette vertically, slowly drip 1 drop of the sample into the specimen well on the cassette, immediately followed by 3 drops of buffer. Start the timer.
- Read the results between 5-10 minutes. After 15 minutes results are considered invalid.
- Relative sensitivity: 93.33%
- Relative specificity: 95.71%