The Biopanda Bovine Viral Diarrhoea Virus Rapid Test qualitatively detects Bovine Viral Diarrhoea Virus (BVDV) from a cow’s serum or plasma specimen.
- Results available in only 10 minutes
- Easy to use
- Results can be read visually
- No need for an analyser
- Cost effective method for assisting to diagnose Bovine Viral Diarrhoea Virus
- Collect a cow’s fresh whole blood sample and separate serum or plasma from blood as soon as possible to avoid haemolysis.
- Open the cassette from the foil pouch and position it on a flat, clean surface.
- Transfer 1 drop of the serum or plasma (approx 25µl) into the specimen well on the cassette, followed immediately by 2 drops of assay buffer (approx 40µl). Start the timer.
- Read the results at 10 minutes. After 20 minutes results are considered invalid.
- Relative sensitivity: 97.22%
- Relative specificity: 96.97%