The Biopanda Canine Distemper Virus Antigen Rapid Test qualitatively detects Canine Distemper Virus Antigen (CDV Ag) from a dog's ocular or nasal secretions.
- Results available in only 5 minutes
- Easy to use
- Results can be read visually
- No need for an analyser
- Cost effective method for assisting to diagnose Canine distemper infections
- Collect a sample of the dog's ocular or nasal secretions using the swab provided.
- Place the swab containing the sample into the assay buffer tube and stir thoroughly.
- Open the cassette from the foil pouch and position it on a flat, clean surface.
- Using the pipette provided, collect a sample of the buffer/specimen mixture.
- Holding the pipette vertically, slowly drip 3 drops of the mixture into the sample well of the cassette. Start the timer.
- Read the results between 5-10 minutes. After 15 minutes results are considered invalid.
- Relative sensitivity: 97.96%
- Relative specificity: 97.50%